Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Update Regarding Lack of Updates

I am not in Ecuador. Thus far, predicting when my grant will begin (since this is up to the mysterious people of Ecuador's Fulbright Commission) has yielded results on par with a middle school Ouija board encounter. Mostly what I know is "not yet" and "soon." 

Things I have as of 9/8/2010 at 9:57 PM EST:
<-- A one year cultural exchange visa to go to Ecuador, featuring this less-than-flattering, though officially (awesomely) stamped, photo.
- A desire to leave, ASAP.
- A scheduled in-country orientation for October 7-8, indicating that someone plans to bring me to Ecuador by October 7-8, to do something.

Things I lack:
- A University placement and teaching assignment.
- A location (this encompasses a home city, a place to live in that city, research contacts in that city, and a basic working knowledge of how not to get kidnapped in that city).
- A start date. Also an end date... but let's take this one step at a time.
- Plane tickets. 
- $$ to sustain my life here in the US.
- A desire to be living in the US.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

That stamp is amazing!

But the EcuaFulbright Commission is :( :( :(.