Monday, December 8, 2008

More Muisne Pictures

Cows grazing on the beach.
My coworker Vicenta, me, and my wonderful Muisne host mom Anita. We are fishing!
Some of my favorite students. All teachers have them!
Drinking coconut water (una pipa), which is delicious, parasite free, and apparently quite good for you. In a hammock! I will miss island life.
Message to my friends and family!
Puppies! Janelle's host family's dog, Lulu, gave birth to 13 puppies. I almost stole them.
At a beach bonfire with some friends from church! Probably exactly the same thing I would be doing if I was at home! Some things don't change across cultures.
Some of my students invited me to hang out at the beach with them the day before I left Muisne. They are so amazing! This was definitely the most satisfying part of being a teacher.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

i love your pictures. i can't wait to see you once you're back in the states! when will that day be??