Tomorrow is my 21st birthday! I am thrilled to have made it to the seemingly arbitrary age where I am allowed to purchase and consume alcohol. No more X's on my hands at concerts that require brutal exfoliation to remove. And perhaps more importantly, I am now eligible for all the radio contests that require you to be 21 to win. Turning 21 almost feels ironic. I've always been old; now I'm just catching up.
Like every year, this birthday I will spend an inordinate amount of time preparing my wish before blowing out the candles on my cake. I suspect many people wish for similar things: a hand to hold, satisfaction, strength in the upcoming year. In other words... important things. No one wishes for their neighbor to stop having loud parties, or for Oprah to unexpectedly decide to do 10 more seasons (although both of those would be amazing).
I can't tell you what my exact wish will be or it won't come true. But... it'll be important. And big. I can't waste any opportunities this year!
3 comments:
Happy birthday, Kim!
We're very proud of you, Kim. Thai food tonight, then moving into our new home! Cake afterwards! I will always remember that this home was purchased on your 21st birthday!
Happy Birthday Kim! Ah.... I remember my 21st birthday, oh wait a minute, maybe I don't!
Keith
Post a Comment