Monday, June 14, 2010

Family Archives (1: Report Card)


This week I am home in South Carolina, caring for the dog menagerie while my parents hit the beaches. Since I find boredom excruciating, I have decided to dive into the mysterious "Lewis family history" closet (that's not a metaphor... it is literally a closet). From what I can tell, our family's collection of photos and assorted "memory objects" have been shoved in boxes and transported around the country for the last 25 years or so. The resulting boxes of chaos create serious anxiety for type A people like myself.

As I organize, I'll digitize and post my favorite finds (sparing my family and sticking to Kim-oriented things).

Today, I present compelling evidence from 1995 that I have always been a perfectionist. Above is the "Personal Social Growth and Work Habits" section of my 2nd grade report card. You'll note that I received the highest marks possible in all areas except one: "Demonstrates Verbal Self Control." The teacher says, "Kim is a nice girl who seems happy and comfortable at school. She has many friends and enjoys the company of both girls and boys. Kim can be quite social and occasionally needs a reminder concerning verbal self-control." Yes. I forsee a bright future of not shutting up.

No comments: