Girls playing in their classroom during recess.
Two of my students in decimo, about the equivalent of 9th grade.
Muisne has held two community-wide peach marches in the month I have lived there. The purpose is to protest the sharp increase in drug use and violent crime over the last couple years, especially that which targets youth.So, ironically, I did not get to upload any more photos in Quito. Its now Monday, I am back on la isla. I had a really fun weekend, too busy enjoying Quitos Independence celebration to get on the computer. Quito apparently has one of the best independence days of Latin America. It is one giant party... for 8 days!! We went to a HUGE kickoff parade this Saturday. We also bought tickets to see the bull fight next Saturday (this is my last week in Muisne!). Apparently the bull fight involves much blood, and by the end there are six dead animals. But honestly, when am I next going to see a bull fight?
No comments:
Post a Comment