Monday, October 11, 2010

Good Morning Ambato

This is the view from my super swank hotel in Ambato. Luckily, since I'm not on a super swank budget, I'm moving in with my supervisor today until I find a more permanent place to live. So it'll be me, my supervisor (she runs the English language program at the University), her husband, two hilariously cute daughters (ages 5 +7) and their awesome dog for a bit. Last night we all went to the mall to get ice cream and play in the toystore. The girls are beyond pumped for me to stay at their house, they think it's like one giant sleepover designed for their amusement.

I also start at the University today. I'm going to set my schedule and get situated. From what I understand, the University mostly wants me to run English conversation groups. These will be optional, ungraded, small classes for students who want oral practice with a native speaker. Consequently, I've been told my schedule will be flexible, and I'll only be working with students who really want to work with me. Not to incite jealousy in all the other teachers, but those two things are pretty much a dream.

No comments: