<-- I need to see Mamachas del Ring, a documentary that follows female indigenous wrestler in Bolivia, ASAP.
*Alex Getz is a talented photographer and first-year MFA student at Savannah College of Art and Design. (He's also my cousin.) His new blog, Geronimo Projects, highlights the local art scene in Savannah. You can also view his personal portfolio at Alex Getz Photography.
* Chandra Brown is a fellow Fulbright ETA here in Ecuador. When not teaching in Latacunga, she is collecting stories around river life, in order to do a comparative study between Ecuadorian and Alaskan (her home state) river folklore. Her blog "Cuentos" is honest and smart; I especially recommend her overview of Ecuador's education system and proposed reforms to higher ed.
*I love Hidden World of Girls, a new multi-media series on NPR: "Stories of coming of age, rituals and rites of passage, secret identities—of women who crossed a line, blazed a trail, changed the tide."

No comments:
Post a Comment