Thursday, November 20, 2008

Pictures!!


This is my bed. For those who have never slept under a mosquito net... it is kind of like a lace cage.
We went to Mompiche, another nearby island, in this boat over the weekend. We were almost capsized at one point because the water was really rough. Like many many situations I confront in Ecuador, it was funny afterwards, but I assure you it was quite terrifying in the moment. Also, I just got an email from the consulate, the subject line reads: "WARNING: Piracy Concerns off the Coast of Ecuador." Oops. A little late.
Ryan, Janelle and I on our last night in Quito. We splurged on a nice meal before heading out into rural areas to work.
These 5 girls are like my fan club. They are 12-13, the youngest students I teach. The whiteboard has our thought of the day... "la violencia genera violencia" or "violence generates violence".
Here he is. SeƱor tarantula. In my sink. I haven´t seen him in a few days, but I am sure he is planning the next hand towel ambush.

3 comments:

Keith said...

Kim, thanks for the picture of the tarantula. I also am thankful for your friendship with my wife. I know Janlle enjoys hanging out with you and I am looking forward to meeting you soon. It is always good to have a fan club.
Keith

Gerry said...

Hey Kim,
Thanksgiving Eve and I am getting readt for First Things First worship. You will be missed tonight but know you will be in our prayers

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! We're currently watching the Dog Show... a great Lewis Family tradition. We miss you and I'll be thinking of you when I have to cook the mashed potatoes because you're not here. (Just kidding)
Love,
Your favorite sister Jenny